In light of Transformation Tuesday I’ve decided to share with you all a book that has totally transformed my relationship with food; led to weight loss and helped me stop obsessing. Counting calories, counting points, weighing food, crazy portion control and weighing myself endlessly.
I know, I know it’s by Bethenny Frankel a former Real Housewife of New York City. I don’t know WHAT it is about Bethenny but she is hands down my favorite house-wife. I miss seeing her on the show. Her take-no-crap-get-what-you-want-out-of-life attitude rocks my world!
What I love about Naturally Thin and what makes it different from ALL other “diet” books
- It’s NOT a diet! She doesn’t tell me what to eat. She tells me HOW to eat what I already eat. That is HUGE. Anytime, and I do mean anytime someone tells me what I can’t have I immediately begin thinking of how I can get around it and end up wanting that “thing” more than I would have ever wanted it typically, which leads to obsessing.
- Bethenny Empowers me to take responsibility for what I put in my mouth. All other diets take on that responsibility for me; telling me what I can have and when I should eat etc. Bethenny makes a point to say that I don’t need someone to tell me when to eat . . . maybe I’m not hungry first thing in the morning. Why force myself to eat. Maybe I’m not hungry enough to eat 5 small meals a day. Maybe I don’t like eggs? etc
- Conversational tone. I love that she writes that way. She says we all have the right to be thin (whatever that looks like for you) She also asks “are you allowing your self to be thin” to which I answer HELL no!
- Stupidly simple tips that actually make me feel stupid BUT profound at the same time . . . and they work!!
Lets Do It!
Over the next ten weeks I’m planning a book club, book review of sorts. I will take on one of Bethenny’s ten rules; one each week. This will be great for me because it will allow me to put each rule in to action letting it sink in before moving on.
It will be great for you because you can get an in-depth look at the rules before deciding to purchase Naturally Thin . . . and hopefully lose a few pounds in the process!
It has been a while since I last read the book so this will be a great refresher course. I have both the physical book and the audio book.
I. LOVE. This. book!
What the Next Ten Weeks Will Look Like
There are Ten Rules presented in this book:
- Your Diet Is a Bank Account
- You Can Have It All, Just Not All at Once
- Taste Everything, Eat Nothing
- Pay Attention
- Downsize Now!
- Cancel Your Membership in the Clean Plate Club
- Check Yourself before You Wreck Yourself
- Know Thyself
- Get Real
- Good for You
Each week I will give a “mini” chapter review on each rule followed by an Action Plan for the week.